While Rhode Island is celebrating another year of success through agricultural education, take a look at these fact about agriculture in their state:
• The top agricultural commodities in the state are greenhouse and nursery products, dairy products, sweet corn, aquaculture (seafood), and apples.
• Farmers grow potatoes mostly in the southeastern region of the state.
• Milk is the second most important source of agricultural income for the state of Rhode Island.
• The annual fish catch for the state is about $85 million.
• Farmland covers 10% of the state’s total area.
• The state’s top industries are health services, tourism, manufacturing, and agriculture.